14 October 2008

10.14.08

Happy Birthday Dad... I really wasn't going to do this because I have had about enough emotions for one week's time. However, My sister requested (sort of) and I can't refuse (and no, I didn't forget).
This will probably go down as one of the oddest Birthdays for my father that he isn't here for. The scan tonight is from my dad's favorite books... the scriptures. I have never met someone with such passion for learning as my dad has. I mean, I like to learn, but he likes to learn about things that really matter. Another great thing about my dad, is his unwavering faith and helpfulness. He'd do anything for anyone at anytime. He was very service oriented and fulfilled any assignment given to him to the fullest. But, as life seems to go, he isn't with us this Birthday... He isn't even here to tell us that he is actually one year older than he truly is, cuz that's what he does.

I thank you and I love you!

Here's to more birthdays Dad.


5 comments:

Lisa P. said...

Very well said! I hope you're all doing ok:)

lpettey said...

I'm glad you did the post. Your dad is truly amazing. I agree with all the qualities you said. I wish you all the best at this difficult time. Love ya!

nicole said...

Thank you for the post. I loved it.

MollyEmma said...

I just cried.
I love dad!

-mo

Kendra said...

Kyle - I kind of ran into your blog through Caroline's, through Linzi's until I reached yours......thanks for letting me in! I love your dad so much and am hoping is doing okay.

My blog is private....so if you want an invite...email me at stowellfamily@gmail.com. Get Nicole to start a blog will ya?!!