03 August 2008

8.03.08

Britney Challenge (Binge & Purge)... If you read any of my last 5 week's blog entries, you know that I set myself to a challenge to listen to all of Britney Spears' studio albums (one album per week). Looking back, I consider this experience similar to a binge and now it's time to purge. I like numbers, so let's summarize (where possible) the past month in numbers:

On average I listened to each album 5 times.
  • Baby One More Time (11 Tracks, 42.4 Minutes)
  • Oops! I Did It Again (12 Tracks, 44.3 Minutes)
  • Britney (12 Tracks, 39.6 Minutes)
  • In The Zone (15 Tracks, 57.6 Minutes)
  • Blackout (14 Tracks, 50.7 Minutes)
Subtotals (64 Tracks, 234.6 Minutes)

Totals (5X) (320 Tracks, 1173 Minutes)

What this all means is I spent a lot of time listening to a lot of Britney Spears over the last month. What have I learned from all the pop intake? Nothing really, except for the fact that I can't listen to one "artist" for such a concentrated period of time. It makes my ears hurt. So, there is my purge. Thanks.

PS.... 1173 minutes is 19.55 hours...Yikes, I should have been reading.

1 comment:

Chism said...

I feel really sick.... as a participant of the Britney Challenge I am glad it is over, but to realize I wasted this much time on a single artist makes me start to hate them.... but all I can scream is "Gimme More!"