02 August 2008

8.02.08

Britney Challenge (Week 5)... It's Britney Snitch! I made it to the end of my challenge. In the concept phase of this challenge I assumed it would be easy. In the middle it got difficult and by the end I felt I could throw up Britney. If you are looking to explore Britney's "music" career for yourself, I would definitely recommend beginning with Blackout. I thought In the Zone was my favorite album. I was wrong... Blackout is where it's at. I think this really stems from the lack of promotion on behalf of her record label. It makes the album a little more unknown and therefore not tired out.

Notable Tracks:

Gimme More (Great lead single with great beat, perfect to start a party)
Piece of Me (Britney's shout to the Paparazzi... "Are you sure you wanna piece of me?")
Radar (Another fantastic track)
Break The Ice (As the song's title insinuates, she is re-breaking the ice with her fans, because she knows "it's been awhile")
Heaven On Earth (This was the surprise track of the album, I had brushed it off as filler, but after a better listen, I ended up really liking this track. Particularly, the chorus)
Freakshow (Love the Beat)
Toy Soldier (If you like Gwen Stefani's more upbeat stuff, You'll love this song)
Hot As Ice (Just a fun song with goofy pop lyrics)
Ooh Ooh Baby (Keep on Dancin'!!)

What more can I say when I like more than half the tracks on an album? I know not everyone likes Britney (and that's ok) but if you like a fun pop song from time to time, give some of the tracks on this album a try.

No comments: