07 September 2008

9.07.08

Terms of Endearment... With 5 Academy Awards under the belt (including Best Picture), you would think a movie would actually be good. Terms of Endearment has all of that, but it is NOT good. It might just be one of the dumbest movies I have ever seen (The dumbest award is still currently held by "Miami Rhapsody"). You're asking, "Well, why would you watch that movie in the first place?"... Good question, there is multiple reasons, but above all else, I am not one to stick with one genre, and for heaven sakes it's apparently a "classic"... Why? I am still wondering... It wasn't even that sad (and yes, I have cried in a few select movies)... I didn't understand the plot, I didn't agree with any of the life choices... I was just flat-out annoyed and it just left me confused. I mean come on! She cheats on her husband, her husband cheats on her, the mother sleeps with the neighbor but has all these men that are always chasing her... what the??? OH, and how in the world does it have a PG rating??

This got me wondering what it was up against in the 1983 Academy Awards... "The Big Chill", "The Dresser", "The Right Stuff", "Tender Mercies"... I think I have seen "Tender Mercies"... another lame film.

2 comments:

Lisa P. said...

I like this blog. It brought back memories for me. I once threw up while I was watching it and wouldn't watch it for like 10 years. You know me, I'm a bit superstitious. I bought the video for $3, its still in the wrapping. Did you ever catch evening star? the sequel?? lame! but interesting

allison said...

the big chill SUX! don't even test that one.