21 September 2008

9.21.08

Kmart Contest... The results are in and we won and lost. About a month ago I saw a contest in a Kmart ad that required you create a commercial that shows your Back to School style and how Kmart helps you achieve your style... Anyway, I mentioned to a friend that we should submit something (thinking we could win based on no one wanting to take the time)... The funny thing is, I say a lot of things that don't actually happen... Little did I know we were actually going to do it. Admittedly, I started to get annoyed with the project, because it was taking longer than expected. In preparation for the contest, we went to Kmart and purchased $200 worth of merchandise and over a few days, we created the following commercial:

And so we entered our little video..and returned the $200 worth of merchandise (the receipt was scanned). I felt bad for the Kmart associate that had to help us with that whole ordeal.
A few days later we were informed that we had made it into the top 20, which qualified us for at least $250 each and a camera. We then had to go through this silly voting process that had no rules posted and were difficult for some to follow. I know a lot of you voted and I thank you for that... We didn't win the Grand Prize, but we were one of the First Prize winners which qualified us for $500 and a camera... So, Thanks to all that voted... Here is the lame Grand Prize Winner:
Nevermind, you have to find it for yourself, I am still bitter.

1 comment:

The Jeff Bylund Family said...

That's pretty cool... I must say. ;)