08 September 2008

9.08.08

State Fair... I went to the State Fair this past week. I (heart) the fair a lot. Something about overpriced greasy food, greasy people, lemonade and elephant ears makes me really happy. Not to mention a thrilling ride down the big yellow slide. Some of my friends entered cooking contests and actually won. More about that can be found on Lisa's Blog. I was hoping to finish my masterpiece art project in time for the fair, but I missed it by two days. I was sad and left with the thought, "There's always next year." But, I said that last year...so, who knows? I couldn't write this blog without making mention of the great People Watching that is possible at the State Fair. This is completely different people watching than what can be found at the Arts Festival. The fair is filled with all those from the Arts Festival AND the hicks, the white trash, the carnies (scary), and salesman... If you haven't been, you need to go!

PS... Britney took home 3 VMA's last night!!!

Yeah, that's right, I dared to mention Britney again.

2 comments:

Chism said...

So glad for the hits... maybe people will begin to realize how great "BlackOut" really was.

“Darkness is only driven out with light, not more darkness.” Martin Luther King

Sheryl Matthews said...

Hicks, carnies, whitetrash; you are leaving out the biggest population of people present at the state fair! Betcha can't guess which ones I'm referring to.