03 July 2008

7.03.08

People Watching... Last week I went to the Utah Arts Festival. Yes, I like art, but more than art, I like people watching at the Utah Arts Festival. My two favorite spots for People Watching is the Utah State Fair and the Utah Arts Festival. They both pull the most diverse groups of people together for me to watch. The Arts Festival is full of the eclectic and the eclectic wannabes. Mostly wannabes. You know the kind? The kind that want to be seen at the Festival and looked upon as a "true" supporter of the arts because they shelled out $10 for an entrance ticket. What they don't know is most of that goes to the overhead to actually put on the festival. Besides all of that, they end up spending more on Beer & Wine than they do on art, so to even it all out they spend some more cash on some face painting for their (1) child that they ignore and sometimes neglect throughout the night. Of course I am making a steep generalization. BUT, that is what people watching is all about. Deal with it. So, was I there for the art? Not necessarily. Did I "take part in art"? Not Really. Did I have fun? Yes. I also discovered what might be more interesting than people watching... watching other people - people watch. Give it a try at your local arts festival or another local fair.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love you, mama, I love you.