26 September 2008

9.26.08

Politics… I had semi-successfully avoided this topic for quite sometime. But, it seems that in the wake of the current political storm that is brewing, I am in need of sharing my politcalness. So, where do I stand? Well, this is a difficult topic to address. I don’t consider myself affiliated with any party. I like that feeling. I have never felt that any party truly shares my views on how things should be done. As a result of this feeling… and since we are so obsessed with being affiliated with a party, I have created one, just in my head, but it’s real to me… I am a Republicratarion. What is a Repulicratarion? Well, our main philosophy is the FACT that all politicians suck. The reason that they suck (among other things) is that they have been in office too long. How long is too long? Anything over 1 term is too long. Repulicratarions are FOR term limits. We ask our party members to serve only 1 term and then get the H*LL out of office..Thank You. Republicratarians vote for people that cross multiple party lines, in hopes of getting a good mixture of thoughts, ideas, and ultimately some action through compromise and discussion. As we approach this coming election, we typically take a ballot… The first thing we do is scratch out all people on the ballot that are incumbents… We abhor incumbents (they go against everything we stand for). IF there is only one other person running for a particular office, that person gets our vote (Congrats)… If, however, there are more people running, we analyze the remaining candidates positions and try to find one that more closely aligns with our feelings…. OR, if we don’t agree with any of the remaining candidates, we write in ourselves, because after all, who better to align with our feelings than our own self. As always, I would appreciate your thoughts an comments on the issue. OHHHH…. One other final rule and this one’s very important…. We never look to Celebrities for their political views, They are pretty much out of touch with reality (even Britney Spears).

No comments: