02 February 2008

2.02.08

Gap... Where art thou? I went to the South Towne Mall today. The Gap is gone. Just when I was starting to like the Gap's clothing again, they disappear. It got me thinking. If the Gap is leaving a major mall in a city, what's next? Is this company really in that much trouble? Is Gap heading down the row to follow such retail giants as Kmart, Woolworth's, Weinstock's, and Mervyn's. I can't say I was a huge shopper of those places, but they were an American institution. And now, they are dead, or slowly suffocating to their death. The past couple of years, I had observed that I really didn't care for Gap's clothes anymore... I didn't know if it was an effect of age or if they were just out of touch with their customer base. Well, I just wanted to share some of my thoughts from the day as I wore my Gap jeans and my Gap shirt (a rare occurence).

No comments: