29 February 2008

2.29.08

Warranties... I am in a bad mood. How do I begin? Back in October I had to submit my mp3 player for a repair. It was under warranty, so no big deal, right? WRONG... I received my mp3 player back and it was claimed to have been "fixed". It wasn't, they even replaced a part that had nothing to do with my problem. So, I sent it back to the warranty company re-explaining my problem and today I received the resolution (see scan). They sent me a completely different player. AND, that is all they sent. No hookups, No software....NOTHING!!! So now I have a brand new paper weight that can play movies (if I could connect it to my computer). I called the warranty office and Barbara was of ZERO help. She told me there was nothing she could do... She even went even as far as telling me to sell it on eBay and using the money to buy what I wanted. Then, in true customer service fashion, asked if "there was anything else she could help me with." I said, I want to speak to someone else. Anthony (her supervisor) was very helpful.... He understood what I was explaining. Apparently, the service center was SUPPOSED to contact me if they were going to replace my mp3 player... He is putting in a request for a full refund of my player.... We shall see... I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Chism said...

That totally bites! I hope you get a refund... Although it sounds like Barbara almost said, okay you can hang up now.