24 June 2008

6.24.08

Underrated Artists... This month's under valued artist award goes to two great artists. One is a solo effort, while the other is a group effort. Every time I come across an artist that I feel needs some more attention, I will share it with you.

Robyn: You probably remember this mini swede from the 90's with her hit, "Show Me Love". Well, she is back in the states with a new album that rocks! No, seriously, it is a great album with great songs.

NERD: Now, I saw these guys at "The Concert". They have lots of energy and their group includes Pharrell (mastermind behind Gwen Stefani's solo efforts and numerous other artists). If you're a hip hop fan, this is a must.

If you have an artist that you think I should listen to, let me know... I am up for anything. However, if I conclude that the artist is overrated, I may have to post about it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey i was at this concert too. It was good, but have to agree with you on ALL the annoying things that happened prior to, during, and after the concert.I was also in the GA section, and noticed little "G's" sneaking in, i even went and told security and just like u said they did nothing. Anyways...Good music.... let me tell you of some artists i LOVE
Vampire Weekend, Bat For Lashes, The Pierces, Celebration, and more let me know if you like that type of music...i can give u more suggestions. Oh there is a cool webiste you can listen to them on too. http://www.seeqpod.com
ENJOY!