02 July 2008

7.02.08

Convenience Fees... What is up with convenience fees?! Who are they trying to be convenient for? I, for one, don't find convenience fees to be very convenient. In fact, I find them to be very inconvenient and flat out annoying. If you are going to charge such a fee, just raise the ticket price. For example, in the above scan, the ticket was $7 and the convenience fee was $1. I asked the ticket attendant why this was so... They didn't have an answer. So, I said, "Why don't you just charge me $8 and make no mention of a "convenience fee?" It makes much more sense and it doesn't annoy.

1 comment:

Lisa P. said...

As a box office attendant I couldn't agree more!!! We did start putting the "final" price on the sign above the box office. I haven't had 1 question since. I usually tell them the convenience fee pays for my salary;) ya right!