05 July 2008

7.05.08

Britney Challenge (Week 1)... What a week! I can honestly say that I am sick of this album. I also have my doubts that I will be able to make it through the rest of this month's (silly) challenge. Having said that, I did find out (on Monday) that I do actually like (some of) the songs on this album. Sure, they are (entirely) amateurish, but it's a (freshman) pop album.

(Semi) Notable Tracks:

...Baby One More Time
(You Drive Me) Crazy
Sometimes
Soda Pop
Born To Make You Happy
From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart
I Will Be There
Thinkin' About You
The Beat Goes On

So, that only leaves 2 tracks that really should have been scratched as they are only heard as junky filler... I Will Still Love You and E-Mail My Heart. The whole thing really is filler, but come on, "E-Mail My Heart"??! What strikes me as even more funny about this album (and most pop albums) is the fact that there is no way at the ages of 14-16 that Britney could have experienced some of the "life lessons" that she sings about in this album.

No comments: