16 July 2008

7.16.08

Boondoggle... I had thoughts of working at Summer Camp today. The many hours spent re-teaching myself how to do boondoggle, teaching it to 5-8 yr olds (not easy), becoming addicted to the art, and then ignoring the kids. Like most cycles, it was a vicious one. Sadly, I am back to having to re-teach myself how to do it...again. I (somehow) have all of these spools of boondoggle and nothing to do with them... It reminds me of one of my favorite songs from the musical, "Children of Eden." Here is an excerpt:

The spark of creation, may it burn forever
The spark creation, I am a keeper of the flame
We think all we want is a lifetime leisure

Each perfect day the same
Endless vacation
Well that's alright if you're a kind crustacean
But when you're born with an imagination

Sooner of later you're feeling the fire get hotter and higher

The spark of creation!!!


So, go out and create something!! Exercise the gifts and talents that God gave you and discover your spark of creation, for some inspiration, check out this girl singing Spark of Creation. She has an incredible voice.

No comments: