15 July 2008

7.15.08

Mayonnaise vs. Miracle Whip... Which is it? Growing up it was always Miracle Whip, but it had to be the light variety. I don't know why, because my family was never the type to spend money on the diet sodas or light foods. I for one don't mind mayo or miracle whip. But to some, this is very important and makes a distinct difference. In fact they become quite heated about the topic as was displayed at work the other day. I will only eat one potato salad and that is my mom's potato salad. I think the true secret to her successful potato salad is the use of miracle whip light. She doesn't use a lot, but it is still delicious. So which is it in your households? Mayo or Miracle Whip. PS... Mayo ages weird and separates funny.

4 comments:

lpettey said...

I grew up with miracle whip too, but on the mission I grew to love mayo. Now I eat mayo light. I can taste a different. I also love your mom's potatoe salad. YUMMY!!!

Chism said...

To be honest, I cannot tell the diffence. Perhaps it is because I hate most condiments that I have to manually put on my food. I don't mind it when McDonalds does it though.

Lisa P. said...

Oh definitely miracle whip!

metcalfruf said...

well with us we have conflicting views on this issue. so to resolve it we have both mayo and miracle whip in the fridge. and we also fight on whose mom makes the best potato salad. MINE DOES!!!! miracle whip is better