23 July 2008

7.23.08

Bollywood... If you haven't experienced it, It will be difficult to explain, but I LOVE IT!!! Most (if not all) of the movies that hail from Bollywood (India's answer to Hollywood) are musicals. They aren't the musicals that we are used to. They don't shy from the fact that the musical numbers in the movies sometimes have nothing to do with the movie's story or that they are obviously lip-synching (because the voice never matches the actor's voice). Most of the music that is played on India's top radio stations come straight from these film's soundtracks. I know that the sound of the music takes some getting used to, but it is definitely worth it. One of my favorite Bollywood films is "Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham" (or K3G). Some of my favorite musical numbers are "Deewana Hai Dekho" and "You Are My Soniya" (Click on the links to view). If you ever get a chance to rent this film, do it! But, make sure you have a day to finish it, I haven't come across a Bollywood film that isn't at least 3 hours.

4 comments:

lpettey said...

I love bollywood to. My favorite movie is Bride and prejudice. Music numbers great. I also love Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham. I can never say it right.

Chism said...

I love this movie as well... even though I only saw half of it! I Can't wait for the Cheetah Girls Bollywood Movie. Will you watch it?

metcalfruf said...

You didn't mention what you did to your 5 yr old niece and the bollywood films. she is still addicted to them and the music!!!

Matt & AmyBeth said...

Wow! I've been looking for this soundtrack! I really wanted to watch this on my mission but I didn't, I still get the song stuck in my head.