12 July 2008

7.12.08

Britney Challenge (Week 2)...Ok. So she starts off her debut, ...Baby One More Time, and her lonliness was killin' her (deeply). Just notice how far she has come after that? Now, She's stronger. This album is full of funny songs and even funnier interludes, one of my favorites is right after "Don't Go Knockin' On My Door," it goes a little something like this:

Britney & Friend: Hahahahahahahahaha
Britney: Ok, ok ok ok so listen listen, so then he goes no matter what I do for you it never seems to be enough... Eww I can’t believe he said that. You don’t think I'm like that do you?!?!
Friend: Well you are??
Britney: What?!?!? Don’t tell me you agree with him?! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!
Friend: Well I mean everything was fine next it’s your freaking out it’s like you’re never satisfied.
Britney: Well I know I’m a little picky.. but, hey I just know what I want

And then she sings a cover of "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction." What this creates is pure pop hilarity. There are higlights on this album, however:

Oops!...I Did It Again
Don't Go Knockin' On My Door
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know
What U See (Is What U Get)
Lucky
One Kiss From You

I actually enjoy Lucky a lot. But, I still have difficulty with her enunciation of "lucky" and "lovely"... It's always a surprise as to which word she is going to sing.

For fun, I did a little mini tally of typical pop words found on this album:
Baby: 27
I: 225
You: 147
Oops: 5
Yeah: 45
Love: 25
Lucky: 10

No comments: