14 January 2008

1.14.08


Music... I own a country CD. If you know me, this should come as a surprise to you all. Why? for the most part, I really don't appreciate country music. In fact, when i bought this CD at Media Play back in the summer of 1997, I was embarassed and I had my oldest sister buy it for me. But, why should I be embarassed? I liked it. That is my point. It is really difficult to criticize someone's music taste, because there is a fan for all types of music. Music is such an individual experience for everyone. I may get stomething out of a song that someone else does not get. But, I do know that music has some universal way of evoking emotions for everyone... happiness, sadness, excitement, anger, etc.
So... before you go dissing someone's music taste, you may want to look at your own and discover you aren't much different. Besides, you may discover that you actually like it too... Just like me and Toby Keith (particularly Track 4 "Jacky Don Tucker (Play By the Rules Miss All the Fun)")

1 comment:

MollyEmma said...

Good job on the alliteration. Loved it.
"evoking emotions to everyone"
Evoke is a word I love.