09 January 2008

1.9.08

Fiji.... Today as I was talking on the phone with DirecTV, we (the operator and I) were waiting as my reciever reset. She was from North Carolina and was talking about how warm it was (approx. 70F). I told her how I miss winters in Fiji. Of course, winter in Fiji takes place during our summer. The nice thing about winter in Fiji is that the weather changes by maybe 2 degrees. It's absolutely lovely all year round. Yes, it can get warm, but I cope with heat more than I can cope with the cold. Is snow good? Yes, as long as it is in December. It is January now, and I am ready for something new, I am ready to wear shorts, flip-flops and a t-shirt, just like the lucky lady at DirecTV. Quite honestly, it would be fun to play a round of golf with my dad.
If you were wondering, this picture was taken in Sigatoka (pron: Sing-a-toke-a), Fiji. This is the way the sun would rise and greet me each day. Most of the time I took it for granted, but on this particular morning, I used it to my advantage.

3 comments:

lpettey said...

Love that picture. Wish I would of taken advantage of the beautiful sunsets in Florida, when I served by the ocean.

MollyEmma said...

FIJI!!!
Tengo celosa.

nicole said...

I'm with ya bud. I totally agree. Winters in Utah are way too long.