22 January 2008

1.22.08


Skating... Last night I went rollerblading at Classic Skating. The stamp on my hand says V.I.P. I didn't feel like one last night. I skinned my knee which I haven't done since I was .... maybe 10. Someone (I think intentionally) spilled/spilt water on the skating area... and sure enough as I was skating and getting into the music (I believe the song was "misery business") I completely slipped and slid right into the edge of the rink... I smacked the floor hard. It's a long ways to go for someone of my height. I just had to laugh at myself as some guy says to me, "Didn't you see the water?!" ... I responded... "No, dummy.... It's dark and the floor looks like it has water all over it!".... Jerk! Anyway, they refused to play my song request. And so, two morals to the story... 1. Don't go to Classic Skating 2. Be grateful for Lysol disinfectant spray to clean out used skate rentals.

2 comments:

ash said...

Kyle, this here is your pal from high school, ashley j. it was great to come upon your blog! I'm in DC now and tend to get updates about others via blog - which made it a lot of fun to see your posts on Scan of the Day and hear what you're up to. I can relate to your experience at Classic Skating. I fell once there, and got a bloody nose. Maybe it's part of the experience...

MollyEmma said...

This scan was my idea. Too bad you didn't have my hand to complete it. It's still kinda on my hand.