21 January 2008

1.21.08



Felicity... One of my first crushes was Keri Russell. I still have a crush on her. I love the show Felicity. Her awkward approach to college and life in general is hilarious and speaks a lot of truth to the young adult culture and our sometimes crazy/retarded approach to life. My favorite scene in the first episode is when she is trying to explain to Ben why she came to the same college as him and she says the phrase, "First of all, let me just preface this with..." she goes on to explain that she came to that school to follow him. Anyway the awkwardness in the scene is hilarious.
There is another scene where she is explaining to her parents why she is going to stay in New York... and as she is explaining she looks down at a set of keys that has a panic button. Sometimes, like the character, I wish life had a panic button for those crossroad moments when you aren't sure what to do, but your heart knows exactly what to do.... but then, you aren't sure if you should ignore your heart.
How life can be so confusing and yet make sense at the same time is a mystery to me... but it works.

1 comment:

MollyEmma said...

Very deep and heartfelt, Kyle. I wish I had a panic button, too. That would help me in many situations, especially when people want to play chicken with me at Classic, as well as other various situations.