25 January 2008

1.25.08


English... I have reading ADD. I haven't finished many books in my life.... It's not that I hate reading. I love reading. I read most of the newspaper almost daily. However, when it comes to books, I have difficulty with attention. The funny thing is, I may not actually be bored of the book, I am just bored of the idea having to finish the book. I have never been a fan of Fiction... I usually just don't get it. However, I have a lot of respect for those of you who like fiction and can get something out of it. As for me, when I am reading, I want to learn something or about someone. Which brings me to my scan. One of the books I have been able to read is "The Stories of English". I am not sure what it is that fascinates me abou tthe English language. I think it may have something to do with my inquisitive mind that asks too many questions: Why do we say that word? or Why do we spell the way we do? What is the origin of the reason I speak the way I do? Anyway, I have a read a few books on the topic, and I still find it interesting. My fanily thinks its weird, but I guess if it is interesting to me, that's all that matters, right?

No comments: